In coordination with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA), the Caloocan City police confirmed that there were no deaths since they conducted first drug bust in December. Instead, six people were arrested, two of them minors.
Senior Insp. Allan Hernandez, the city police’s Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) chief, identified two of those arrested as Jomari Lascano, and his live-in partner Kristine Macala.
Also taken into custody were four teenagers who lived in shanties beside Lascano’s house on Samson Road in Barangay 73, Caloocan City, when the police conducted the drug bust. They were identified as Aaron Colaste, 19; Chjay Javier, 18; and two 17-year-old boys.
The PNP’s antiillegal drug campaign was ordered suspended last year by Malacañang following controversial operations, particularly in Caloocan City, that led to the deaths of thousands of drug suspects.
In fact, the entire city police force was relieved in September following the killings of teenagers Kian Loyd delos Santos and Carl Angelo Arnaiz in alleged anticriminality operations and an illegal house raid.
Seized during February 05’s operation were six sachets of “shabu” (crystal meth) worth around P8,000, drug paraphernalia and P1,000 in buy-bust money, Hernandez said.
Both Lascano and Macala admitted to using drugs while Macala said she worked as a courier for her partner. Meanwhile, the four teenagers would be subjected to a drug test according to PO1 Juan Miguel Madlangbayan, DEU investigator.