PH government facilitates fast action for Marawi rehabilitation

The Philippine government announced to the public on May 24, 2018 that it is acting fast on its efforts to completely rehabilitate and reconstruct the war-torn Marawi City, which was sieged by local terrorists group last year.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said: “We remember Marawi. We pay tribute to the sacrifices of our fallen men in uniform and recognize everyone’s efforts in rebuilding the Islamic City.”

Roque said the government’s current priority is to restore normalcy in the lives of displaced Filipinos affected by the Marawi crisis.

70 percent of displaced residents have already gone back to Marawi City. They are occupying temporary shelters built by the government.

Roque said all 67 evacuation centers in Northern Mindanao and parts of Lanao del Sur will be cleared of occupants within the year. This means all evacuees will be allowed to return to Marawi City soon.

A total of 77,700 individuals or 10,835 families were already allowed to return to the most affected areas.

Add Comment