(Leaked video of Jose Maria Sison recorded circa 1980 specifying the legal fron organizations of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front. The CPP-NPA-NDF is listed as a terrorist organization by the United States, European Union, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the Philippines.)
There are three processes by which the Philippine revolution is to be advanced. This include:
• The building of the Communist Party of the Philippines;
• The building of the New People’s Army; and
• The building of the National Democratic Front
The vanguard party
The Communist Party of the Philippines was established on December 26, 1968 as the Marxist-Lenenist vanguard party of the working class.
This party is supposed to be the standard bearer of the working class, which is the class that is the most progressive, productive, and political force in the Philippines.
The working class
It is true that a minority class especially the only party, which represents it cannot win the Philippine revolution all by itself.
At any rate, even while there are forces of armed revolution, there are the legal democratic forces in the Philippines.
The biggest of these is Bagong Alyansang Makabayan or BAYAN, in short.
It has a membership of more than two million members and more than 1,000 member organizations.
Its biggest component organizations are:
• Kilusang Mayo Uno (KMU), which is the labor center;
• Pambansang Kilusang Magbubukid ng Pilipinas (KMP);
• GABRIELA, the women alliance;
• League of Filipino Students (LFS);
• Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT);
• Kabataan para sa Demokrasya at Nasyonalismo (Youth for Democracy and Nationalism, KADENA)
As I have earlier pointed out, Partido ng Bayan, founded last August 30 and 31, was an outgrowth of BAYAN, the big coalition.